We help rebuild clients’ lives after tragedies such as:
- Fires – such as electrical fires, or caused by lightning strikes, or accidents.
- Hurricanes, Windstormsand Hail Damage– when a home is destroyed or has suffered extensive damage, including water damage, wind damages to roofs, or damage to a home’s exterior.
- Sinkholes – we help you determine whether you can pursue a claim and, if so, help you get your insurer involved, and ultimately, your home repaired. Sinkholes present any questions and issues. Here are a few:
- Interior water damage claims – dishwasher, refrigerator or air conditioning leakage, or a bursting pipe.
- Other than property damage claims — We also handle claims regarding:
Insurance coverage disputes
Insurers sell insurance on all different types of risks. However, the language of your insurance policy will determine if all, or part, of your damages to your home, auto, or business are covered under the facts surrounding your loss. Not all insurance companies utilize the same language to describe, define, or exclude coverage. Based strictly upon the language of the insurance policy, some types of claims may not be covered, partially excluded, or limited in some manner. Many insurers, through its adjusters, try to use its policy language to tell an insured that their damages are not covered. The insurance company is not always correct in these determinations. They may try to use a definition or an interpretation that is not contained in, or otherwise defined by the policy. They may make a strained interpretation of the policy language, or use a prior legal precedent that is no longer current law.
An attorney experienced in insurance coverage issues can assist you in ensuring you get the insurance coverage you paid for. Insurers are not always right. You do not have to accept their determination on coverage or damages without question. Please consult an experienced insurance attorney to protect your rights. When your insurance company is limiting your insurance coverage, or is denying coverage exists for a loss, Kim Wells can assist you in determining what insurance coverage is available to cover your loss, and in making the insurer live up to the promises made to you when you bought the insurance.
Mr. Wells has worked with and for insurance companies, and know how claims should be handled. As such, we are able to assist you.